“How can I get a better night’s sleep?” is a question that we can sometimes ask ourselves. Sleep is an essential part of our body’s cycle much like water and food consumption. A good or rather a bad night’s sleep can shape our emotional and physical wellbeing for the entire day.
Here are a few tips from the National Foundation for Sleep that will help make for a better night’s sleep.
• Have a set schedule for rest to help set your internal alarm clock. Aim to fall asleep and wake up in the same general time frame each day. This includes Saturdays and Sundays too
• Set a routine for bedtime that allows you to wind down for an hour prior to falling asleep. Meditating or light reading can help power down your mind and body slowly.
• It’s tempting but try to avoid using electronic devices prior to sleep. The light from screens can stimulate your brain rather than soothe. Peeking at your email just one last time can also lead to undue stress at time when relaxation is more important.
• Engage in physical activity daily. Go for a brisk walk on your lunch hour or in the evening spend some time in the yard throwing a ball or doing some light gardening. Any exercise is better than no exercise.
• Limit your intake of food, alcohol and nicotine prior to sleeping as these can lead to indigestion and stimulation of your body’s systems. • Evaluate your physical environment. Is your bedroom too hot? Too cold? Too bright? Too noisy? Eliminating distractions will help your mind and body achieve the optimal balance for sleeping.
• And most importantly, be sure that your mattress and pillow provide you with a comfortable and supportive foundation for sleeping. Seven to nine hours is the recommended amount of sleep for average adult between 29-64 years of age. That’s approximately one-third of our entire day in one place! Is your mattress and pillow trying to tell you something? Perhaps it’s time for an upgrade?
Before you rush off to the store. Let us tell you more about Techongel products so that you can make an informed purchase decision.Technogel pillows and mattresses offer a unique sleeping experience unlike any other mattress brand. Our patented gel technology provides a sleeping experience unlike any other.
Durable and long-lasting
Technogel is a durable material free of volatile agents, which can lead to break down in the materials over time. Technogel is designed to withstand more than 300,000 pressure cycles! That’s equivalent to XX years of use!
Sleep centers around the world are linking the benefits to body temperature and a good night’s sleep. Technogel and its high thermal conductivity allows the bodies temperature to cool up to 4 degrees at points of contact by dispersing heat and moisture.
Comfort and support
Unlike traditional spring or memory foam pillows and mattresses, Technogel products allow for 3-D deformation for optimal support. By moving up and down, side to side, and more, the product design helps to improve blood flow, relieve pressure points and effectively support the spinal column. When tested at the Ergonomie Instituit of Munich, Technogel mattresses received an “Excellent” rating for all simulated body types – small, medium and large.
To find a Technogel retailer nearest you, visit our Store Locator.